Guaranteed Quality Products and Services
WARRANTY TIME PERIOD
• Duration: 12 Months parts and labor.
• There is no mileage limitation.
• Coverage begins on the date the motorcycle is delivered to the Customer
• Any part of the motorcycle found to be defective during the specified period will be repaired or replaced at the discretion of Rider&Garage or by an authorized repair shop, subject to the below warranty conditions.
• Any part replaced under the warranty will be covered for the remaining period of the warranty.
• Any parts replaced under warranty must be returned to Rider&Garage by the repair shop and will become the property of Rider&Garage.
• Rider&Garage may, at its discretion, make any repairs or replacement of defective parts falling outside the warranty, but such work shall not be deemed to be any admission of liability.
• Rider&Garage will bear labor charges for work carried out under the warranty. The warranty may be transferred to subsequent owners for the balance of the remaining period.
• In cases when warranty repair takes longer than 14 days, the warranty time period is extended for the time period of repair, during which the motorcycle could not been ridden due to failures.
• Rider&Garage will reimburse repair shops performing warranty repair for labor only if all the warranty processing and approval procedures are completely fulfilled and/or carried out according to the terms of the warranty.
• Whenever service, repair, or warranty work is undertaken the Owner’s Handbook must be made available to the repair shop.
Conditions and Exclusions:
1. This warranty does not cover failures or required services that are not due to a defect in material or factory workmanship.
2. The machine must not have been used for competition, *misused, inadequately maintained, or incorrectly serviced or maintained.
3. The machine must not have been subject to any modification, repair or replacement other than as recommended or authorized by Janus.
4. Any performance upgrade or modification, including carburetors, exhaust systems, or cylinders, voids all warranty on the motorcycle unless otherwise stated by Rider&Garage
5. Defects caused by faulty adjustment, or repairs and alterations performed by an incompetent mechanic are not covered by this warranty.
6. Defects caused by the use of parts and accessories not authorized by Rider&Garage are not covered by this warranty.
7. Periodic service and inspection are considered regular maintenance and are not reimbursable under the warranty.
8. The warranty does not cover normal wear a tear caused by normal use as defined in the “How to Ride the Motorcycle” section of the Owners Handbook.
9. The motorcycle must have been serviced by a qualified* motorcycle or scooter repair shop, at the intervals specified in the Rider&Garage Owner’s Handbook and the service log completed accordingly.
10. Damage caused as a result of neglect or lack of required maintenance is not covered under this warranty.
11. The warranty does not cover the cost of removal and replacement of parts and accessories, unless supplied as original equipment, or recommended by Rider&Garage.
12. The warranty does not cover the cost of transportation of the machine to or from the authorized shop performing the warranty work, or expenses incurred while the machine is off the road for warranty repairs.
13. Normal servicing and normal service items, such as spark plugs, fluid, and oil are not covered by this warranty. Similarly, items which are expected to wear as part of their normal function such as tires and tubes, bulbs, fuses, chains, brake shoes, and clutch plates are also excluded, unless there is a manufacturing defect.
14. Other items excluded from warranty are seats, luggage, paint, chrome, polished aluminum items, or trim deterioration caused by normal wear and tear, exposure or lack of correct maintenance.
15. The motorcycle battery is warranted for 6 months from the original date of purchase of the motorcycle. After this 6 month period, the battery is excluded from the terms of this warranty. The battery supplied with the motorcycle must be provided with sufficient charge to replenish that lost by the operation of the starting mechanism and/or the use of electrical equipment whilst the engine is not running.
16. The warranty does not cover machines used on a commercial basis.
17. Alteration of the odometer so that the actual mileage cannot be determined; alteration will VOID coverage.
18. The warranty does not cover machines which have been inadequately lubricated, seized, or for which the wrong fuel or lubricant has been used.
19. The warranty does not cover defects which have not been reported to an authorized dealer within ten days of discovery of the defect.
20. Should a warranty claim become necessary, Janus shall not be liable for loss of use, inconvenience, lost time, commercial losses or other incidental or consequential damages.
21. Any implied warranties, including the implied warranty of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose are limited to the duration of this written warranty. Note: The first service must be carried out at 500 miles/800 kilometers or 1 month, whichever comes first. The previous listed limitations or exclusions may not apply to a motorcycle because of state laws. Some states may not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts. Some states may not allow exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages. This warranty shall be interpreted in accordance with United States law and any question arising from this warranty shall be subject to the jurisdiction of United States courts. Any statement, condition, representation, description or warranty otherwise contained in any catalogue, advertisement or other publication shall not be construed as enlarging, varying or overriding anything contained herein. Janus reserves the right to make alterations or improvements without notification to any model or machine without obligation to do so to machines already sold. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights. Your motorcycle may require more frequent servicing if operated in severe climates or conditions, or if used for short, stop—start journeys. Further information can be obtained from Janus.
*Misuse includes any use not in accordance with the recommendations made in the “proper riding technique” section of the Owner’s Handbook and any use contrary to the warnings given in that same handbook. In addition, misuse will include, but not be limited to any use of the motorcycle which does not constitute normal road use.
*Reputable motorcycle or scooter shop refers to a shop or dealership with reasonable experience working with similar engines and a reputation for high-quality work.